Cam Jansen and the Molly Shoe Mystery

Written by David A. Adler • Illustrated by Joy Allen

Reviewed by Pablo P (age 9)

Cam, Eric, and Camís father were going to the airport to get her aunt Molly. Aunt Molly works for an airline and because she flies so much she sometimes feels like a duck and says, ďQuack!Ē instead of ,ĒHello.Ē When they got the arrivals building Camís dad forgot where he had parked but Cam was able to remember just where it was. They went inside the terminal and found Aunt Molly but when she got up to leave with them she noticed she didnít have any shoes on! Eric asked her if she thought she had left the shoes on the airplane when she was resting. The man from the airline called the flight crew but they still couldnít find the shoes on the plane. Cam remembered that Aunt Molly had first started resting in the sunlit side of the terminal so maybe she left her shoes there. Eric went and checked under the seats and found the shoes and they were able to go home!

I liked the book. I think that Cam Jansen is smart because she remembers everything and I like the moment when she figures it out. She found her auntís shoes and they were able to go home. Cam is special because sheís able to remember things that other people canít. I also liked Eric because he helps Cam. He was even the first one to find the shoes.

I think the author wrote this book because maybe he likes mysteries. A mystery is good because you find out things. I recommend this book to little kids ages 8 and up. I donít think younger kids could read this book because itís a chapter book.

Pablo P is a member in New York Cares/Island School Reading Club's Midnight Book Club (2011-2012)