1 The Book of Foolish Machinery

The Book of Foolish Machinery

Written by Donna Lugg Pape

Illustrated by Frederick Winkowski

Reviewed by EN (age 7)

The Book of Foolish Machinery

This book is a very funny book. The machines all have work to do. All the machines are different. The book is written with rhymes and will teach you what lives would be like if we actually had these machines. I read this book because it had lots of rhymes and really funny looking machines. The funniest part of the story is when some of the machines had a fight. Be sure to read this book if you want to find out what a Riddle Muddle machine can do!

I like this book so much because it is a great book about made up machines that really don't exist. My favorite part is when the machines get crazy and become extreme. They work so fast and so hard that they get messed up. I like to look inside things and see all the parts that are in their insides. I thought the illustrations were so beautiful and detailed because they really helped me see inside a machine and see what it might be made up of.

I recommend this because it is one of the best books I have ever read. I think kids who like machines would like this book because they are really foolish and funky too. Students who are interested in how things work should want to read this book.