1 Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

Written by Jeff Kinney

Illustrated by Jeff Kinney

Reviewed by Nghi V. (age 9)

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

Do you like the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie? If you do, I'm sure you'll love this book. In this book you'll meet Greg, Rodrick, Greg's nerdy friend, Greg's mom and dad. Greg has a problem because his old dog ran away and he wants to get a new one. So, Greg's family decided to go to the pet shop. They only have 5 dollars which is not enough for one puppy. It's only enough for 2 fishes. So Greg and Rodrick each buy a fish but Greg gets mad when his fish is eaten by Rodrick's fish. He decided he still wanted to get a dog so he sold all of his stuff so he could try to buy a new dog.

My favorite character is Rodrick because he's mean. He makes fun of Greg a lot and I thought it was funny. My favorite part is when Greg cried and that is when Rodrick starts making fun of him. This book is great because it reminds me of other Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. It reminds me of the other books because they have some of the same characters.

I would recommend this book to all 3rd graders. I know that most 3rd grade students like the movie and would enjoy the book too! You'll think that this book is really funny.