1 The Mouse and the Motorcycle

The Mouse and the Motorcycle

Written by Beverly Cleary

Illustrated by Louis Darling

Reviewed by James R. (age 8)

The Mouse and the Motorcycle

This story is about a mouse named Ralph that likes to ride a motorcycle. There was a boy named Keith who owns the motorcycle, and Keith and Ralph get to be friends. When Ralph first finds Keith’s motorcycle he rides into a wastebasket. After Ralph loses Keith’s motorcycle, Keith gives Ralph a crash helmet. Matt, the bellboy, finds the motorcycle. At the end Keith gives Ralph his motorcycle. I like this book because its funny. My favorite part was when Ralph almost got sucked up by a vacuum cleaner. But Ralph got away. The book made me feel happy and sad because there’s a part of the book that’s happy, and there’s another part that’s sad. It made me think about mice and hotels. I think it would be fun to see a mouse in a hotel. I would recommend this book because it’s cool because it’s about a mouse riding a motorcycle. I think my sister would like it because she has never read this book before and she reads a lot of books. I think everyone would like the part when an owl saw Ralph and Ralph got away.