1 Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Written by Jeff Kinney

Illustrated by Jeff Kinney

Reviewed by HS (age 8)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

The book, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, took place at school. The main character of the story was Patrick. It was about a wimpy kid that gets beat up a ton of times. He never wins, instead he hides in the bushes at school and doesn't fight back. This book was fiction.

At the beginning of the book, he gets beat up by the big bully. The bully punched him in the face. The Wimpy Kid, Patrick, had bruises. Patrick was embarrassed because everybody laughed at him when he got beat up. The problem in the book was that Patrick got beat up all the time and then he runs home.

My favorite part of the book was when Patrick found the stinky cheese on the basketball court. He picked it up and ate the stinky cheese. He said, "BLAH!" because he didn't like it. This was my favorite part because he ate the stinky cheese! I would not have eaten the stinky cheese. The book reminded me of my friend because he eats stinky and gross stuff. I think you will enjoy this book because it is very, very funny. It will remind you of a bully who beats someone up.