1 Third- Grade Detectives #8 - The Secret of the Wooden Witness

Third- Grade Detectives #8 - The Secret of the Wooden Witness

Written by George E. Stanley

Illustrated by Salvatore Murdocca

Reviewed by Christopher L. (age 9)

Have you ever gotten knocked out or robbed? That is exactly what happened to Pops Warner when he was patrolling the department store where he was a night watchman. He has three suspects who might have robbed the store and knocked him out. When Pops woke up, there was a little wooden statue of him on the floor. That is why Noelle and Todd and The Third Grade Detectives are helping him crack the case. What does the statue have to do with the case? You'll just have to read the book to find out.

When I read the book, I thought there was some really cool parts. I thought it was cool when Pops Warner got knocked out. That was neat because you don't see that in a children's book everyday! I also like how Noelle and Todd kept working on the case and never gave up. I think there is something very unique about this book. Mr. Merlin is always giving the detectives clues, and he lets them work on it during school. I would like to do that! While I was reading, I thought the mystery was never going to be solved. I thought that because it was probably one of the hardest mysteries I ever read. I'm glad I was able to figure it out in the end.

I would recommend the book to kids in grades 2nd-3rd because it's a hard mystery. Also it's a great mystery. I liked how the author never came out and told you who did the crime. If you're a person who likes hard crime mysteries this is the book for you!