1 Nate the Great and the Tardy Tortoise

Nate the Great and the Tardy Tortoise

Written by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat

Illustrated by Marc Simont

Reviewed by Owen H. (age 7)

Nate the Great and the Tardy Tortoise

Nate the Great is a detective, but he's not the best detective because when he's solving a problem, a lot of the time he's just lucky. Do you think Nate is going to be lucky or is he going to look at clues? (Nate the Great also needs to eat pancakes to think. Do you eat pancakes to think? I don't.) In this Nate the Great book (Nate the Great and the Tardy Tortoise), Nate the Great finds a tortoise who ate all of Nate's flowers but the problem is, he doesn't know whose tortoise it is. Nate the Great goes to the vet to find out, but it doesn't work out. Nate the Great finds a trail of bite marks. Will that lead to whose tortoise it is? Will Nate the Great ever find out whose tortoise it is? Read the book to find out.

I love the Nate the Great series because it always has a problem and I like stories that have mysteries in them. I like Nate the Great books because I think they are interesting. For example, in Nate the Great and the Tardy Tortoise, Nate the Great finds a clue. The clue is, there was a trail of bite marks on flowers so he got an idea, and he followed the trail. When I read Nate the Great I always guess clues with the story.

Do you like books that have mysteries? If so, you should read this book. I recommend this book to everyone because I got really good pictures in my mind. For example, when Nate the Great finds the tortoise, I pictured Nate the Great looking out his window and looking up and then looking down and seeing the tortoise. I recommend this book to people who like solving problems.