1 Because of Winn-Dixie

Because of Winn-Dixie

Written by Kate DiCamillo

Reviewed by Alexia S. (age 10)

Because of Winn-Dixie

Because of Winn Dixie is about a little girl named Inida Opal Buloni and her dad, the preacher. One day the preacher sent Opal to the store to get a box of macaroni and cheese, some white rice, and two tomatoes. Well, she got the stuff, but she came out of the grocery store with a dog. That's when our hero, Winn Dixie, came along. In the story Winn Dixie helps Opal meet wonderful friends and develop relationships. Opal helped her new friends by talking to them and they talked to her. In the end, Opal lost Winn Dixie. You have to read the rest of the book to discover if her beloved dog returns.

My opinion of the this book is that I loved it because it shows love. My favorite part is when Opal finds Winn Dixie because she starts to feel like she has a friend. I find Opal interesting because she is curious. Opal reminds me of myself because she asks a lot of questions. The made me feel happy that I have people who love me in my life. The story reminds me of the time when I lost my dog and found out he died. It touched my heart.

I highly recommend this book to people who have lost a pet or someone with no friends. Read it as soon as you can. It's best for second grade and up.