1 Happy Birthday Molly

Happy Birthday Molly

Written by Valerie Tripp

Reviewed by Pasha B. (age 7)

Happy Birthday Molly

This book is about Molly's Birthday. Emily is coming over from England to stay with the McIntire's. Before the party Emily and Molly get in a fight. They forget about the fight when they see the two puppies. They become friends at the end of the story.

I like this book because I learned not to lie. I like Molly because she is nice to her friends. My favorite part is when Emily comes from England because it is exciting to meet her. This story takes place in 1944. I like Molly because she is the birthday girl, and I like birthday parties. Emily was not happy in England, because she didn't like the war. Then she was happy in the McIntire's house in America. The illustrator did a good job drawing the clothes. All of the Molly series are similar because they have Molly and her friends. I felt happy when Molly's birthday came. I felt sad when Emily's dog died in the bombing. This book reminds me of going to other birthday parties.

I recommend this book to girls who like birthday parties. If you like historical fiction you will like this book. If you like puppies you could read this book to your mom and dad. I recommend this book to seven year olds who can read chapter books.