1 Giggle, Giggle, Quack

Giggle, Giggle, Quack

Written by Doreen Cronin

Illustrated by Betsy Lewin

Reviewed by BlakeA&SethM (age 5)

Giggle, Giggle, Quack

Farmer Brown was going on vacation so he left his brother, Bob, in charge of all the animals. Farmer Brown wrote down all the instructions for Bob. Bob gave Duck a good long stare and went inside to read the first note.

The note said, "Tuesday night is pizza night (not the frozen kind). The hens prefer anchovies. Then 29 minutes later a pizza was delivered. Bob checked on the animals before he went to bed and everything was just fine.

The second note said, "Wednesday is bath day for the pigs. Wash them with my favorite bubble bath and dry them off with my good towels. Remember they have very sensitive skin." Bob had the pigs washed in no time. Farmer Brown called home on Wednesday night to check in. "Did you feed the animals like I wrote in the note?" "Done," Bob replied. Then Farmer Brown asked a lot of questions.

The third note said, "Thursday night is movie night. It's the cows turn to pick." While the cows were watching the movie, the phone rang. To see what happens next, you should read this funny book.

We liked this book because it was funny and had colorful pictures. We also like animals and that is what the story is mainly about. We recommend this book to kindergartners because they will really laugh at the story.