1 The Magic Tree House: Ghost Town at Sundown

The Magic Tree House: Ghost Town at Sundown

Written by Mary Pope Osborne

Illustrated by Sal Murdocca

Reviewed by Thomas M. (age 8)

The Magic Tree House:  Ghost Town at Sundown

In this book a magic tree house takes Jack and Annie where they need to go. They go back in the old days, to the Wild West. They solve riddles that a wizard gives them, and they meet Slim. He helps them solve more riddles, and they help him get his colt's mother back. My favorite part was when they were riding horses because the rustlers were chasing them and it was very exciting.

I liked this book because I cowboys. I liked it when rustlers were chasing Jack and Annie. It was very exciting! My favorite characters were Jack and Annie. I like them because in one of the illustrations they look cool riding horses. All the Magic Tree House books are by the same author. This book is different from the others because Jack and Annie go to a different place and solve different riddles. This book made me happy.

I'd recommend this book because this story is about stuff I like to pretend about with my cousin. I think my cousin would like to read this book. The part he would probably like best is about Lonesome Luke being a ghost because he saves Jack by making the rustlers scared of him.