1 The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Written by C.S. Lewis

Illustrated by Pauline Baynes

Reviewed by Lian R. (age 10)

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Anything is possible for four children who enter a wardrobe. But they find more than coats. They find the magical land of Narnia. They also meet some friends in Narnia. The friends they meet aren't just everyday people though. They meet a fawn and two talking beavers. Another friend they meet is a great lion named Aslan. Aslan helps them in a war against an evil witch called the White Witch. Will they win? What will happen?

I thought this book was excellent! I liked how it had many exciting parts and was very suspenseful. I thought Susan, one of the four main characters, is a lot like my older sister in ways. They both act motherly and are very smart and they like to show it. I also thought Edmund was interesting. He changed a lot in this book. He started off as a liar and not very polite. But throughout the book Edmund became more of a gentleman. I think this book is like many other books you can read or may have already read. I read a book like this called Alosha. Alosha is a series of books, Alosha, The Shaktra, The Yanti and Nemi. This book is similar because it has different worlds and many odd creatures.

I would recommend this book to anyone 8 and up. This book, The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, is full of excitement and adventure. If you like fantasy stories, this is the book for you.