1 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Written by J.K. Rowling

Illustrated by Mary GrandPre'

Reviewed by Kaitlyn L. (age 11)

"SLAM!" That's the sound of the closet door under the stairs being closed. This small, sad place was young Harry Potter's bedroom for the last 11 years. Could you imagine being 11 and not having a loving family or even a single friend? This is what Harry has faced for a long time. But, what happens when he finds out that his parents died trying to save him and he gets a letter saying he is a wizard? Will good really overcome pure evil? Want to find out what mysteries unfold ahead, the chilling adventures Harry and his new found friends Ron and Hermoine take? Then read what lies beyond the spellbinding and magical pages of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

I thought this book was very creative and I loved how J.K. Rowling described the magical world. I really found it interesting how every year of Harry's life he is pulled into the magical world more and more. I enjoyed thinking about how Harry could really beat the Dark Lord again. Something I think is unique about this story is that no other book has the same magic mixed with so much related to the real world.

I recommend this book to people who enjoy vast amounts of magic and adventure.