1 The Spiderwick Chronicles

The Spiderwick Chronicles

Written by Tony Diterlizzi

Reviewed by Julia B. (age 8)

The Spiderwick Chronicles

This book is about three ordinary kids named Jared, Simon, and Mallory Grace. They've discovered the secret of the Spiderwick family-they have a different WORLD around them! In this world things are strange - some people, like the uncle, do not get old but other people do. The kids have exciting adventures as they try to uncover and discover the mystery of the Spiderwick family. I thought this book was meant for me. It's exciting, funny, and kind of scary. My favorite part was when they took their book and wouldn't give it back. I thought it was exciting! There was one character I especially liked. His name was Jared Grace. He was the exciting one in the story. This story reminded me of myself because I'm always seeking adventure. The uncle never did change age - that made him kind of different. The illustrations are as cool as real life. I recommend my book for people who imagine stuff in their heads and for people who like exciting things. I like this book because it's exciting, funny, and one-of-a-kind, and that's why I think other people would like it, too. The part that is interesting is at the end, and you have to read it to believe it.