1 The Magician's Nephew

The Magician's Nephew

Written by C.S. Lewis

Illustrated by Pauline Baynes

Reviewed by Stephanie G (age 11)

The Magician's Nephew

At the beginning of this book a boy named Digory meets a girl named Polly, they quickly become friends. Not long after they met they go and explore Digory's house. They explore in a secret tunnel and end up in Digory's Uncle's study. They touch uncle Andrews eval rings, and are hurled into an unknown world. Digory awakes the evil sorceress, Jadis, and has many adventures with her. Digory awoke her by ringing a magical bell. That's when the mission begins to return her to her own world.

I thought this book was interesting. It always keeps you guessing. I really liked it. I thought it was a really fun book. And it always made you excited to read the next chapter.

This book put the puzzle pieces together about The Lion The Which And the Wardrobe. It is part of a series and it explains many things from the other books. Things like the lamppost, how Narnia was created, how the white witch came to power and much more.

My favorite character was Digory. He was always up for adventure and is a dare devil like me. He is not afraid to take a chance and discover new things; that's why I like him.

I liked the part when the kids were running away from Jadis because it was really exciting.

If you like adventure and suspense then this book is for you. It keeps you guessing at the end of each chapter, it's a really fun book. I recomend that all kids read this book.