1 Janitor's Boy

Janitor's Boy

Written by Andrew Clements

Reviewed by Tanner C. (age 11)

Janitor's Boy

Jack thought he had a good crime, but it turned out that it led him to punishment. So he was sent to the custodian to work for gum patrol. The problem is the custodian is his dad. His anger for his dad was the reason for the gum incident in the first place. Down in the basement, he was looking for his supplies when he accidently breaks the lock on a box and it opens to lead him to two place he has never seen before. You must read the book to find out what happens next.

If I could rate this book on a scale from 1-10, I would rate it a 10. The reasons I would rate it this high of a scale is that it was entertaining and it expressed Jack's feelings for his dad. The character that changed in the story was Jack because he started to like his dad more when he began to learn more about him. My favorite part of the story was when Jack got on stage, found a wooden sword, and pretended to jab an evil knight. I like that part was the best because I think it is fun to pretend to do things. This story reminds me of when I look under a table and finds gum sticking there. Gum was what got Jack into trouble in the first place.

I recommend this book for kids who like to read about school life or adventure books. I also think that a reader who is having a hard time with their dad might enjoy this book too.