1 Dolphins at Daybreak

Dolphins at Daybreak

Written by Mary Pope Osborn

Reviewed by D.H. (age 8)

Dolphins at Daybreak

Dolphins at Daybreak is about two kids called Jack and Annie. They travel through time and space in a mysterious magic tree house. In this book, the magic tree house takes them to a beach. At the beach they find a mini submarine, or sub for short, and they take it for a dive. Then a shark and an octopus attack the mini sub. Annie and Jack guide the broken sub back to the surface and they swim to shore with the shark chasing them. Will Jack and Annie ever get back to shore or will they get eaten?

I enjoyed reading this book because it is an adventure. Jack and Annie go on an adventure in this story. I liked this book because it was exciting to read about how they solved the riddle. The last reason I liked this book is because I liked learning about the fish, sharks, and the octopus. Dolphins at Day Break was a great book to read!

This book was really exciting because Jack and Annie found out the mini sub was leaking. When they floated up there was a shark. Another time that this book was exciting was when Jack and Annie were riding on dolphins and they where going very fast. The last reason that this book was exciting is that an octopus started squeezing the mini sub and making cracks in it. I was amazed as I read this book because Jack and Annie figured out the hard riddle. Another reason I was amazed is because Jack and Annie figured out how to work the mini sub. The last reason that this book was amazing is because Jack and Annie found a giant clam on the beach. I was amazed when reading this book!

I recommend this book because it was enjoyable to read. This was the most exciting book I have ever read and had many amazing parts to it.