1 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Written by J.K. Rowling

Illustrated by Mary Grandpre

Reviewed by Kirstie B. (age 11)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

I read a good book called Harry Potter and the Sorcerer?s Stone. Harry Potter was treated very badly, almost like a slave, to the Dursley?s, his aunt and uncle. One day it was Dudley?s birthday. After having a big argument, the Dursley`s took everyone to the zoo. When they went in Harry saw this humongous snake, and Dudley pushed Harry out of the way. Then Dudley was tapping on the glass making a very loud sound like a person beating on a door. When Harry got pushed down he got very mad. Harry just stared at the glass and do you know what happened to it? If you want to know what happened to the glass, read the book, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer?s Stone.

My favorite part in the book is when Harry got to defeat Voldamort because he got the Sorcerer's Stone. My favorite character is Hermione because she is smart and nice. This is the first book in the series and the only one I have read so far. This story reminds me of my sisters because if my sisters won something like Harry did, they would want to celebrate too by going out to eat pizza or going to a hotel for a weekend.

I do recommend this book because it would be very interesting for ages 8 and up. I think the part when Harry Potter fights Voldemort himself on Professor Quill?s back was my favorite part. You should read this unique book called Harry Potter and the Sorcerer?s Stone.