1 The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV

The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV

Written by Stan & Jan Berenstain

Illustrated by Stan and Jan Berenstain

Reviewed by Ceres P. (age 7)

The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV

In the book The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV Papa bear, brother and sister bear are the main characters. Papa and the cubs loved to watch TV. Mother Bear did not like TV. Everyday brother and sister got off the bus and ran inside. They got their milk and cookies and sat down to watch TV. Then Mama Bear came over and said, "You have been watching too much TV!"

"But Mama!" said the cubs, "Nutty Bear and the Bear Stooges are coming on!"

Mama said,"Well you will have to miss it!" Then what will they do? Go out and watch the stars come out! A big lesson in this book is don't watch too much TV. Instead of watching TV you should do anything else but don't watch TV.

I liked this book because it taught you a lesson. The lesson was not to watch too much TV. I think that is something kids should remember.

My favorite character was Papa Bear because he was very, very funny. He tried to sneak downstairs to watch TV but he got caught.

I really liked the illustrations because the pictures are nice and colorful. It helped me know what the characters looked like. I could tell what was happening in the story because the pictures showed me.

I recommend this book to second graders and up to fourth graders because second, third, and fourth graders watch a lot of TV and fifth and sixth graders have to do homework. The book will help them manage their time.