1 Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix

Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix

Written by J.K. Rowling

Illustrated by Mary Grandpre

Reviewed by Michael H. (age 12)

The story left off after Harry?s 4th year at Hogwarts. In this installment Harry lives with the Dudley?s for more than 2 weeks before the Advance Guard comes to pick him up. The Advance Guard is a group of wizards from the Order of The Phoenix. When he arrives Harry gets angry at Hermione and Ron for not telling him about the Order. Harry goes to his hearing about using magic around muggles. It takes a lot to convince them not to expel him from Hogwarts. When he goes to Hogwarts there are a lot of adventures he comes across.

I don?t really think there are many lessons to be learned from this story. Except the main thing and that is friendship. Ron, Harry, and Hermione really stick together through thick and thin even when Harry was angry at them they still came through as friends. I really like this book because it mixes action with fantasy. And that gives it a little twist that most books don?t have. My favorite part is when he found out his family was linked with the Blacks and the Malfoys. I found that this was very confusing because Harry?s family was never associated with any of those families. Especially the Malfoys because they were fanatic about being pure-blood. I found Harry the most interesting character in this book because mainly he gets pushed around in this story. People believe he likes the attention he gets from being a celebrity. Naturally he gets angry at the people but he learns to live through it. Harry has very different sides to him he can be rash and he can think through things.

I recommend this book because it's funny and serious at times. It is great for everyone who likes magical creatures and crazy characters. It might be interesting because of the conflict over Voldemort the Ministry and Dumbledore. While at the same time Harry?s having a conflict with his himself. I think kids in grades 5 and up would really enjoy this book.