1 The Red Badge of Courage

The Red Badge of Courage

Written by Stephen Crane

Illustrated by Wendell Miner

Reviewed by Caleb B. (age 11)

The Red Badge of Courage

The Red Badge of Courage is a book of war. It takes place in the civil war with battles galore. Henry Fleming, a country boy, leaves all his childhood memories behind to go off to war and help the union win! If you like war stories, you will like this book. Do you want to know how it ends? Then you must get reading!

The Red Badge of Courage was very exciting and interesting book. I liked it very much because of how Henry starts out scared but turns into a true man. My favorite part was when Henry turns into a madman and starts firing his gun like crazy. This is my favorite part because he was actually firing at nothing. Henry changes a whole lot in this story. He started out as a scared young boy and changes into a man. This story reminds me of when I played my first war game, Halo. I was so into it and couldn?t stop playing because I wanted to save the world.

I recommend this book because I never wanted to stop reading it. I wanted to find out what happened next. People that like stories about war would like this book. This may interest readers because of how Henry turns from a boy into a man at the battlefield of the Civil War! I do not recommend this book if you are really not interested in war.