1 The Three Investigators: The Mystery of the Moaning Cave

The Three Investigators: The Mystery of the Moaning Cave

Written by William Arden

Reviewed by Dakota B. (age 8)

The Three Investigators:  The Mystery of the Moaning Cave

This book is about three boys, Pete, Jupiter, and Bob, who are trying to figure out why this cave moans. In the book there's a legend about El Diablo, a Mexican who was fighting for his country. The legend says that he went in to that cave to recover after he had been wounded. Is he still alive and moaning in the cave? Or could it be something else? The boys go through a lot of tight situations as they solve the mystery. There is a lot of action in this book. My favorite part of the story is when Pete, Bob, and Jupiter find El Diablo's skeleton because that was scary, and I like to get scared. This book belongs to a series of other books about the Three Investigators. I read this one because our teacher read us the first book in the series, and I liked it. I like this book because it is a mystery, and I love mysteries because sometimes you can learn things and sometimes you can figure the mystery out by yourself. Students in the second grade and up would like this book because it's a mystery and lots of kids like mysteries. I think kids would especially like the adventures the characters have because they are so exciting. The adventures make you want to read to the end to see what happens.