1 Ruby Holler

Ruby Holler

Written by Sharon Creech

Reviewed by Lauren A. (age 11)

Ruby Holler

They were called the "Trouble Twins". Dallas and Florida were their names. They had been to so many foster homes before, but have always found their way back to their home. Mr. & Mrs. Trepid called them the "Trouble Twins" because they were always getting themselves into trouble.

One day, Sairy and Tiller, an old couple adopted, or took, Dallas and Florida back to their place. Dallas and Florida were already planning to run away and go on the night train to get far away from home. Tiller and Sairy knew that it wasn't nice to treat kids with no parents very badly. They let Dallas and Florida do chores to earn money. They liked the idea. They knew that if they earned enough money they might be able to get on the night train.

I think this was a great book. The author described the characters in great detail where it made me feel like I was one of them. I also liked the book because of its detail and suspense. The book makes me feel more courageous because Dallas and Florida were so brave when they were trying to get to the train in the middle of the night. I found Sairy interesting because she seemed very nice to the twins.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes adventure and suspenseful books. I think that you could learn a lesson from reading this book about running away from your home.