1 Magic Tree House Buffalo Before Breakfast

Magic Tree House Buffalo Before Breakfast

Written by Mary Pope Osborne

Illustrated by Sal Murdocca

Reviewed by Michael G. (age 8)

The three main characters in this story are Jack, Annie, and Black Hawk. First, the book starts off like any other Magic Tree House book starts off - Jack and Annie go to the tree house. This time they wish to go up to the Great Lakes. When they arrive they meet a kid named Black Hawk. In one part of the story Annie saves Jack and Black Hawk from a buffalo. She is trying to scare away just one buffalo, but she ends up scaring all of them away. At the end Jack and Annie go home.

The adventures that the characters have in the story make the story great. The adventure about the buffalo stampeding is really exciting. It makes me want to turn the page to see what happens next. My favorite part is when Black Hawk scares Jack and Annie. I think it is really cool that he comes out of the teepee wearing wolf's fur. The illustrations are awesome. The pictures give me more details about the story.

I recommend this book to my friend Dakota and other second graders. I think Dakota would like the book because he is half Native American. Other second graders who are interested in Native Americans would probably like the book, too. If you like funny books you should try out this book because the story had some funny parts in it. Sometimes the characters acted really crazy.