1 Ella Enchanted

Ella Enchanted

Written by Gail Carson Levine

Reviewed by Kassidy M. (age 10)

Ella Enchanted

The book that I'm reviewing is Ella Enchanted. When Ella was born, a fairy came and gave Ella a gift of obedience. Everything Ella was told to do she did. She had problems with the obedience gift because there were some orders she didn't want to do. When Ella got a little older, her mother got sick and died. After her mother died, she went to her father and her father sent her to finishing school with two other girls named Olive and Hattie. Ella hated finishing school so she ran away from it. She went on a quest to find the fairy that gave her the gift.

She met many people and creatures including Prince Char. She also had many adventures. Here is one of them. She ran away from the school and then she met some elves. They gave her food and she slept there for the night. When she woke up she was ready to go on with her quest, so the elves gave her some food and she was off.

I loved the book because it had a lot of emotions. My favorite part was when Ella went on a quest to find a fairy named Lucinda to take away the gift she gave Ella. Would you like it if you had to obey everything you were told to do? I wouldn't and I don't think you would either. Even though Ella had to do that, she was my favorite character. I liked Ella because she was emotional, exciting, and mysterious. At some parts I felt sad and then at some parts I felt happy and excited. I felt excited when Prince Char and Ella slid down the railing of the staircase. It made me wonder if Char or Ella got hurt when they slid down the railing.

I recommend this book to people who like adventures and excitement because it has a good plot. I also recommend this book to people who might like ambitions characters like Ella.