1 Stone Fox

Stone Fox

Written by John Reynolds Gardiner

Illustrated by Marcia Sewall

Reviewed by Rakahn H. (age 7)

Stone Fox

Lilly Willy found out that his grandfather was ill. Doc Smith said that his grandfather didn't want to live anymore because he had no money to pay for his taxes. Little Willy said he would make him feel better. He tried planting the crops, but that didn't work. He tried other things, but nothing else worked either. He finally entered a race to earn money to pay the taxes his grandfather owed. His dog, Searchlight, died at the end because he was trying so hard to win the race in the cold weather.

My favorite part was when Little Willy entered the race because he almost made it to the finish line. My favorite character is Little Willy because he tries so hard to help his grandfather. This story relates to my life because one of my family members died from a disease. He tried so hard to live but he died instead. There are a few pictures in this book that help tell the story a little, but most of it is just writing.

I think others should read this book because it is exciting. You will go on a great adventure when you read it.