1 Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat (based on the motion picture)

Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat (based on the motion picture)

Written by Jim Thomas

Reviewed by Hunter R. (age 11)

You can't spell fun without the "U". The Cat in the Hat is a hilarious fiction book based on the new movie by the same name. The bored children start off with a horrible day. The day was gloomy and rainy and their mom wasn't home. They had an old lady who was their babysitter and she fell asleep. The children heard noises and soon realized that there was a magic cat in the upstairs of their house. The Cat in the Hat ruined their house! The kids have mixed emotions about how this day was going. The kids, Sally and Conrad, were having fun but the house was becoming a mess. The Cat picked up all the toys but the walls, staircase, and other important parts of the house were still a wreck. To see what happens when the mother comes home, read Dr. Seuss? The Cat in the Hat based on the motion picture.

My favorite part in the story is when the babysitter is on the chair floating down a stream which was in the house. I liked it because the author described the part very well so I was able to draw a picture in my mind. This book is unique because the Cat in the Hat has machines that nobody else ever had. An example of this was the S.L.O.W. machine, which was the Super Luxurious Omnidirectional Whatchamajigger! This story reminded me of a time in my life when I was at home with my friend and we kept hearing weird noises. In this book the two kids, Sally and Conrad, kept hearing weird noises.

I recommend this book to kids from the end of 2nd grade to the beginning of 5th grade because it is a little challenging, but it is also hilarious for older kids to read. I recommend this book because you can't stop laughing while you read it. It is very descriptive. What will interest readers most in this story is the Cat in the Hat and all his crazy machines and toys.