1 Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips

Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips

Written by Dandy Jones

Illustrated by John Steven Gurney

Reviewed by Ta'Quan B. (age 10)

Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips

Eddie?s grandmother sent Eddie to his aunt?s house to give her a plate of food. On the way he saw his friend, Howie, who goes with him. Eddie?s aunt is grumpy and mean. Next, they water her garden and Howie sees someone in the attic window. Aunt Mathilda tells Eddie, Howie, and their friends how Eddie?s uncle died in the attic. After, he walks up the attic stairs and potato chips came out of his bag. His dead uncle is there leaning on the railing. He was the one taking the chips out of the bag. Is there really a ghost in Aunt Mathilda?s attic, or is it the kids? imagination? Read this book to find out.

I enjoyed reading this book. It was scary. There were ghosts and a grouchy aunt. It was scary when the aunt came out of her window and she blew all of the windows open. This book was also funny. I laughed when Eddie?s aunt told him to water her garden, but there were no flowers to water.

I liked the pictures. They were black and spooky. My favorite picture was of the aunt coming out of the window. There were only six pictures, but they made me feel scared. I also liked that I was able to see what the characters look like.

The uncle in the story reminds me of my uncle. Eddie's uncle is a ghost. Howie got scared when he was in the garden and saw Eddie?s uncle in the attic window. This reminds me of the Halloween when my uncle woke me up and had on a scary mask. I screamed so loud!

I recommend this book to people who like scary stories. It will scare you so much that you will never want to go back into your attic. You should read this book to find out if there really is a ghost scaring people or another person faking it. This is one of my favorite books!