1 Hey, Al

Hey, Al

Written by Arthur Yorinks

Illustrated by Richard Egielski

Reviewed by Gage O (age 7)

Hey, Al

In the story Al and his dog decide to leave their world because life wasn't easy for Al and Eddie. One day Al was shaving and a bird came to the window and invited them to his world. It is a big island in the sky. It has all kinds of birds with colorful plants and big trees. At first everything is fun and then Al and Eddie begin to turn into birds and they fly back to their own world. Al flies back but it doesn't look like Eddie made it. Al thinks his life will be miserable without Eddie. But surprise, Eddie does make it. They decide they like their world just the way it is.

It is a funny story because people turn into birds. Al starts to turn into an eagle and Eddie turns into a duck. It's cool because Al and Eddie fly back to their own world. My favorite part is when Eddie hits the water, but is okay. This story helps me remember that it's okay to like what I already have and not want what someone else has.

I do recommend this book because it is funny especially when Al and Eddie turn into birds. I think everyone should read this book because it teaches a good lesson to be happy with what you have. It is an interesting story because some of it could be true and some of it is fantasy.