1 Misty of Chincoteague

Misty of Chincoteague

Written by Marguerite Henry

Illustrated by Wesley Denis

Reviewed by Michaela S (age 10)

Misty of Chincoteague

If you like horses, you will like this book. Paul and Maureen found a herd of horses. The leader of the herd was called Pied Piper. The Phantom was the horse that everyone wanted. On Pony Penning Day, the day when people rounded up the ponies, Paul saw the Phantom go by. The Pied Pepper tried to protect her. Paul rounded up the Phantom and saw that she had a baby colt. As they were driving the ponies, Paul thought of a name for the colt. It was Misty. They drove the ponies through the water and Misty got stuck. Paul tried to help. The Phantom saw Paul and ran to shore. If you want to find out what happened next, read the book.

My opinion is that Maureen is a little like me. She, like me, feels sorry for animals that get hurt. I love animals--especially horses. Once I was at my friend's house and I rode her horse. I love riding horses and I also love reading stories about horses. You will fall in love with Misty and her mother like I did. The love that Misty and the Phantom have for each other reminds me of the love that Mom and I have for each other

I recommend this book for ages six and up. If you like horses, you will like this book. Some of the books that are written by the same author are: Stormy, Misty's Twilight and Sea Star