1 Parts

Parts

Written by Tedd Arnold

Illustrated by Tedd Arnold

Reviewed by Danny A. (age 9)

Parts

A five year old boy thinks his body is falling apart. He thinks his hair is falling off and he is getting bald. He finds a piece of fuzz in his belly-button and he thinks that his stuffing is coming out! He then starts peeling from his toes and he thought that he was getting peeled down to the bone. Then something gray and wet fell out of his nose and he thought that he was losing part of his brain. Does he really fall apart? If you want to know, you have to read this book.

My favorite part in the book was when the boy thought that he was peeling down to the bone. I liked that part because in the picture his face looks fat and big and his nose has a hole and he's grabbing his skin screaming. This story reminds me of my cousin. When she was five years old she used to cut herself a lot. She tells her mother that she thinks she is weird because this happens to her and Arnold thought that he was weird because he was falling apart too. As I read the book, I felt as though I was in the book, laughing at the boy, because he thought he was falling apart but he really wasn't.

I recommend this book because it is interesting. It teaches you about the changes that goes on in your body. I think that kids that are "losing parts of their body" might want to read this book because it teaches them that it is normal.