1 Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

Written by Judy Blume

Illustrated by Roy Doty

Reviewed by S.L. (age 9)

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

This book is about a boy named Peter and his little brother, Fudge. It all starts out at Peter's friend's birthday party. They had to guess how many jellybeans were in a jar. Peter was the closest to the right answer. He won a turtle. When he got home he was trying to think what to name it. He named it Dribble. Peter told Fudge he was never to touch Dribble. Grown-ups think that Fudge is an adorable two year old. Peter is just a big nothing. When Peter came home from school and Dribble was gone, Peter looked everywhere, but he couldn't find him. He thought that maybe his mom took him because she didn't want a turtle in the house. Then he thought Sheila took him because they had a school project to do together and she was over at his house the day before. Read this book to find out who took the turtle and what other things happen to make Peter think he is a nothing.

This book is fabulous. It is full of laughter. When I was sad I would read this book and laugh so hard. Peter gets blamed for a lot of stuff because he's the older brother. One day Peter and Sheila have to watch Fudge on the jungle gym. Fudge goes flying off the jungle gym and ends up losing two of his front teeth. This reminded me of when I lost my front teeth when my brother and I were jumping on my mom's bed and my brother banged into my front teeth.

Peter and Fudge's parents are totally different from mine. Peter's parents let him babysit when he was only nine years old. Peter's mom let him have a turtle. I can't even have a fish. Peter and his parents make bets but my parents don't. Peter's parents say that Peter and his brother have to go to sleep at 8 o'clock, but I can go to sleep whenever I want.

I recommend this book to a person that has an annoying brother or sister. I have a brother like Fudge. They would both burp at the dinner table or throw a temper tantrum. I love my brother and I'm sure Peter loves his brother too. I also think you should read this book if you like funny books. Lots of funny things happen. This is a really good book and there are other books that have the same characters too, like Fudge-a- Mania.

S.L.
is a student in
Mrs. Forte's Class 4B