1 Purple, Green, and Yellow

Purple, Green, and Yellow

Written by Robert Munsch

Illustrated by Helene Desputeaux

Reviewed by Brianna R. (age 7), Becky M. (age 7), Lisa M. (age 7) & Jessica S. (age 8)

Purple, Green, and Yellow

This story is about a girl named Brigid who wanted new markers. Her mom said no because she thought Brigid would draw on the walls, the floors and on herself. But Brigid said there were new markers that would wash off. So she got them and she colored only on paper. Then she got bored. She wanted new markers that smell. One even smelled like cow plops. Gross! So her mother went out and bought them for her and she drew wonderful pictures that smelled. Then she got bored again. She wanted super-indelible-never-come-off-till-you?re-dead-and-maybe-even-later markers. So her mother went and got them for her. Then she got bored. She colored her fingernails and she thought that was so pretty, she colored her whole body. You will have to read the rest of the book to find out what happens next.

We all liked this book becuase it was funny and has a good author. Jessica?s favorite part was when Brigid was invisible. Becky?s favorite part was when she colored her fingernails. Brianna?s favorite part was when she colored her body. Lisa?s favorite part was when she colored her dad. These parts were all very funny. The pictures in this story were funny. Our favorite picture was when she was trying to get the marker off of her and it wouldn?t come off.

We would recommend this book to kids all over. People all over the land would like this book. This book is a very funny book with very funny pictures. If you like this book, you will like other books by Robert Munsch.