1 Amelia Bedelia and the Surprise Shower

Amelia Bedelia and the Surprise Shower

Written by Peggy Parish

Illustrated by Fritz Siezel

Reviewed by Chelsea K. (age 8) & Jaushua K. (age 7)

Amelia Bedelia and the Surprise Shower

It?s about when Amelia Bedelia gets asked to help in the wedding shower and she makes lots of mistakes. She thinks she is supposed to spray water on the people who are having the wedding. When Mrs. Rogers said to run over the table cloth with an iron and Amelia Bedelia stomps all over the tablecloth while holding an iron. Mr. Rogers said ice the fish but Amelia Bedelia puts icing on the fish and when everybody ate them they ate raw fish. Yuck! The lesson is before you start a job you should understand most of it or you shouldn?t have a job at all.

We think it?s a really funny book because Amelia Bedelia messes everything up. We loved the book so much, because it was really funny. Our favorite part is when Amelia puts icing on the fish when she was suppose to put the fish on top of ice to keep it cold and fresh. Our favorite character was Amelia Bedelia because she always makes lots of funny mistakes. It is similar to the other books in the series because they all have Mrs. Rogers and Mr. Rogers and Amelia Bedelia. We felt like our mouths were going to fall off, because Amelia Bedelia is so funny. I think she should not be a maid because she gets confused when she is told something to do like when she was told to prune the hedges. She put prunes on the bushes. That?s why I don?t want her to be my maid. Would you?