1 Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Written by Ann Brashares

Reviewed by Nina W. (age 10)

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

This brilliant book starts in the hometown of four girls and is about their travels to different places in the world. They find a pair of magical pants. The pants fit all of them even though they are all different sizes. The pants travel with each of them during their first summer apart. One girl, Lena, went off to Greece to visit her grandparents. Another girl named Bridget went off to soccer camp. A third girl, Carmen, went to visit her divorced father, and the last girl, Tibby, stayed home and got a job at the local drug store. They each find out that the pants do more than make everything perfect. The pants teach them about life.

I loved this book. I think that the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is the best book ever. It is very well-written and extremely interesting. It leaves you with a cliffhanger when it switches to another one of the girls. My favorite character is Bridget, because she is so outgoing and daring. She follows her dreams even if they are completly insane. Bridget doesn't run away from a challenge, in fact she enjoys them and she can't turn one down. She is also very affectionate and cares deeply for her friends. Another character, Tibby, reminds me of my friend Tsering. This is because they are both very independent and think for themselves. They are both very friendly to people who treat them nicely.

I highly recomend The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. It is a very unusual book, filled with extraordinary experiences and adventures. Most boys would probably not like this book, but its perfect for girls ages ten and older.