1 Lord of the Rings

Lord of the Rings

Written by J.R.R. Tolkien

Reviewed by student in Ms. A's 6th Grade Class

This book is about an Evil Ring and a young Hobbit who sets out to destroy the ring. Feared lost for thousands of years, the Evil Ring reappears. The ring finds its way into the hands of Frodo Baggins. Frodo, with the help of friends, as no choice but to set out on a quest to destroy the ring. I thought this book was awesome. It shows how one person, no matter how big or small, can still make a difference. Frodo was a Hobiit. Hobbits at that time were considered useless little people. Frodo had the fate of the world in his hands by carrying that ring. He knew that if the Dark Lord got the ring back that everyone and everything he cared about would be destroyed. I enjoyed reading the book because it had adventure, fighting and the unknown. I kept reading to see what would happen next. There were friends turning on each other. There were magic spells. There was the chase, Frodo and friends avoidng the Ring's Wrath as they headed toward the Land of Mordor. There were Elf Assassins, and Rangers. There were Goblins and Ghouls hunting down the Ring bearer and his friends. There were some awesome battles. There was something new on each page. I recommend this book mainly because of the story. It was one of the best books I have ever read. It is full of adventure and fantasy. This story is also a great battle of Good versus Evil. It is also about courage, and how the smallest and least noticed people can make a difference. It helped me to realize that I can accomplish anything I want to do. You will fall in love with the book. It draws you in, and takes you step by step into the Land of Mordor. The characters have their own personalities and their own strengths an weaknesses. Each person has a job to do, and without that, they all will fail. They are all very smart and tough in their own way. Read the book! See for yourself, what a great adventure you will have!