1 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Written by J.K. Rowling

Illustrated by Mary Grandpre

Reviewed by Erik C. (age 8)

This book is about a boy who is a wizard. His parents died because a really bad wizard named Volldemort killed them. But when he tried to kill Harry with his most powerful spell it bounced off Harry and hit Volldemort and Volldemort died. Volldemort's assistant named Sirius Balck was mad so Sirrius Balck wanted revenge on Harry. Sirius Balck escaped from a prison called Azkaban by transforming into a dog so he could finish his goal to kill Harry Potter. Harry Potter is in a wizard school named Hogwarts thinking everything is going to be normal at Hogwarts.

I liked the book because it's fantasy like if you jump off the Twin Towers with a broom stick you can not fly but in a book you could just push and you'll be in the air. My favorite part is when they have a feast because they have desserts like cakes that are 15 inches high! I really like Ron Welly who is Harry's friend because he's funny, nice and looks weird like his hair color is orange and curly. There are other Harry Potter books in this series. The names are Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. In all of the books they have game called Quitige. It is a game that wizards play on flying brooms that they have to chase and catch balls. The book made me wonder how it would feel to be a wizard and have power laugh loud. Some of the characters are not like you think they are. Some bad guys are good guys and some bad guys are bad guys in the book.

I think that kid should read this book because there are creative ideas in the book like a Pickes is a book that flies. Also another reason that I think kids should read the book is you learn a lesson that people have different talent like Hrmyane is good at potion, Ron is good at wizard chess and Harry is good at Quitige. I think a person who like fantasy books would like to read this book.