1 Where the Wild Things Are

Where the Wild Things Are

Written by Maurice Sendak

Illustrated by Maurice Sendak

Reviewed by Tahid A. (age 9)

Where the Wild Things Are

My story is about a boy who has a crazy imagination. First he wears a fox's skin, (a costume), and makes a lot of mischief. He wasn't behaving nicely, so his mom sends him to bed without supper. Max's bedroom turned into a forest. He went across the ocean and landed on an island. What adventures will Max have on the island? You'll just have to read the book.

I think this book is really interesting because the boy becomes king of the wild things. Also I like this story because the boy is not afraid of the wild things. Max is my favorite character bcause he has a unique sense of humor, and he has a crazy imagination. I think it's unique when Max sailed the ocean without being attacked by the monsters because monsters are ferocious. The illustrations were great because the monsters looked very strange. I felt very curious when I read the book. This reminded me of a ride at Knott's.

I recommend this book to people who have a strange imagination and a weird sense of humor. Read this book to find out Max's adventures and all the things he meets.