1 The Vanishings

The Vanishings

Written by Jerry Jenkins & Tim LaHaye

Reviewed by Shelby N. (age 10)

The Vanishings

Four kids, Judd, Vicki, Lionel and Ryan have just lost their families. Millions around the world have disappeared right out of their clothes leaving everything behind but flesh and bone. Each person that has been left behind has their own story about someone they know and how they disappeared. The four kids know what has happened - The Rapture. All four kids have some relation to New Hope Village Church. They all go and meet the pastor who was also left behind. He helps them understand what has happened.

I really like the book. It is one of the best books I've ever read. I like it because you can see the story from four points of view. This book is part of a series of 12 or 13 books. It is similar to the other books in the series because they all have the same plot. The Vanishings are the events that happen after the first book. When I read the book I couldn't wait to see what would happen next! It makes me wonder what will happen in each book because it was so interesting!

I recommend the book because it has so much adventure, I also recommend it because over 1,000,000 copies have been sold! I think some sort of church group would like this book because it might help them understand the Rapture. I think the main part of the Rapture might interest readers because it gets so interesting that you can't put it down!