1 Gooseberry Park

Gooseberry Park

Written by Cynthia Rylant

Illustrated by Arthur Howard

Reviewed by Amanda O. (age 10)

Have you ever read a book that has a talking dog,squirrel ,hermit crab and a bat?Well I have. It is a really good book. It is a book about a hermit crab that gets bought by a guy named Professor Albert. Then Professor Albert buys a dog. The dog's name is Kona. Kona meets a squirrel that finds gum wrappers and other pieces of trash and collects them. The squirrel is pregnant.

My favorite part was when she had the babies. I like the babies the most in the book. She has three babies and they have funny names but I am not going to tell you what they are. You have to read it to see what the funny names are. She has a reason for each name.

I would recommend this book for 3rd through 5th graders. This book is an adventure and fairytale. I recommend this book for both boys and girls. I like this book because it is a fairytale and I love it. It is one of best books I have read. If you like nature you should read it.

I felt scared about this book because the squirrel got lost in a ice storm. I loved this book because it had adventure in it. And I like adventure a lot. That and mystery books are the best I think.