1 The Reptile Room

The Reptile Room

Written by Lemony Snicket

Illustrated by Brett Helquist

Reviewed by Luke M. (age 10)

The Reptile Room

This story is about the three Baudelair children. Violet is an inventor and Klaus is a reader. Sunny, the youngest, is a biter. The setting of the story in this book is at Uncle Monty?s house. The main event that happened in the first book was that their parents died in a fire. My favorite part of the second book was when the kids go into the Reptile Room. When the kids discover an incredibly deadly viper and other unfortunate events along with the greedy Count Olaf, who knows what will happen?

In my opinion, Snicket gives kids so many details. He can spread his imagination out to everyone. His imagination keeps you reading his books. If anyone could write a book as good as the best book on earth, it would be Lemony Snicket. When he writes his books, I think he writes whatever comes to his mind. I love this series. I read the 1st and 2nd books, and they were excellent. One of my favorite parts in The Reptile Room is when Sunny gets bitten by the incredibly deadly viper, because I was so surprised by the outcome. Find out all of the secrets in this topsy-turvy book.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes action, surprises and amazing plot twists. You'll find all those things in this story. I would recommend this book to children ages 8-10 years old, because I think these are the ages children are most interested in action stories with a lot of mystery. If you are reading this book report, get away from your computer and go to any bookstore and buy this book.