1 The Wide Window

The Wide Window

Written by Lemony Snicket

Illustrated by Brett Helquist

Reviewed by Cindy C. (age 10)

The Wide Window

Have you ever read a story called The Wide Window by Lemony Snicket? There are 3 kids. Violet is the older sister and Klaus likes to read books. Klaus is the brother and Sunny likes to bite hard things. Sunny is the little baby sister. Their mom and dad die so Mr. Poe tries to find someone to take care of them. He sends them to live with their Aunt Josephine. But Count Olaf, a mean man, wants them instead. So he sends Aunt Josephine away. Violet, Klaus and Sunny find some clues and search for Aunt Josephine. Check out this book in the library if you want to find out what happens.

This book is sad because Count Olaf wants Aunt Josephine to go somewhere far away. Then Count Olaf can have the kids' fortune. The kids want to find Aunt Josephine. When I was reading this book I felt like the story was really happening. That's one reason why I really liked it. I recommend this book for people who like to read series of books. And I recommend this book for people who like sad stories. If you want to read The Wide Window go to the library and get it. If you like this one, you can read other book in A Series of Unfortunate Events.