1 Amulet-The Stonekeeper

Amulet-The Stonekeeper

Written by Kazu Kibuishi

Reviewed by student in Ms. Witt's 2nd Grade Class

Do you like adventure? Do you like books with lots of feelings? Then Amulet, by Kazu Kibuishi, is the book for you.

Navin and Emily are brother and sister. They have been battling the elves in a fantasy version of Earth. Emily and Navin’s mother has been poisoned and she is in a coma. They must go to the city of waterfalls to try and find a cure. A mysterious fox friend offers to take her to a mountain to find the antidote. Will Emily be able to save her mother?

In my opinion, this was a terrific book. I liked the characters because they were funny. One character that I thought was funny is Miskit. He is a worry wart and it’s funny when he is worrying about everything. This is a graphic novel so the pictures are very important and they are very nice. I love that you can see a bunch of detail in them. I also really liked the setting because it is not like the Earth that we know.

I recommend this book to people who like adventure and fun. There are all kinds of dangerous adventures. People who like graphic novels will like this book.

I give this book a five star rating!