1 James and the Giant Peach

James and the Giant Peach

Illustrated by Quinton Blake

Reviewed by Khamari G. (age 8)

Have you ever wanted a peach that grows so big in your backyard you could climb inside it! James has a peach like that. James mom and father were killed so James lived with his aunties. His aunts were horrible and mean to him. So one day he grows a peach in his backyard. The peach grows humongous! He crawls inside and he finds a centipede and they became friends. He finds a worm and they became friends. They roll away in the peach and go on an adventure.

One reason I like this book is because of the character of James. I liked him because he is helpful and active and brave. I also like that the book teaches you a lesson. It teaches that a family is people who love each other just like the bugs and James. I also liked that it was funny and sad at the same time. When his mom and dad died it was really sad but then it was so funny when the earthworm is almost eaten.

If you like adventure you will like this book. Also if you like insects and you should go to your library to get this book because of a bunch of different kind of bugs. This book is for anyone who loves stories about friends who become familys and anyone who wants to read a create book.