1 Babushka Baba Yaga

Babushka Baba Yaga

Written by Patricia Polacco

Illustrated by Patricia Polacco

Reviewed by Aaliyah B. (age 9)

Babushka Baba Yaga

Do you love your grandmother more than anything in the whole world!!!. What if your grandmother was unusual what if you found out that your grandmother was not anything like other grandmothers? Would you run away from her or would you still love her? A long time ago in Russia there lived a babushka who lived in the ancient woods, but this babushka was not like the others. She had a secret! She was actually a Baba Yaga! A magical creature who lived in the woods. She had big tall pointy ears, big red rosy cheeks, and long pointy fingernails. Have you ever imagined that you came face to face to with a creature like that!

Patricia Polacco’s babushka Baba Yaga is a sweet story of love and magic. I like this book because it teaches that dreams can come true. the little boy and his mother in the story have dreams and so does Baba Yaga! Together they help make each other's dreams come true. I also think it's great because it teaches you that you should not judge a book by its cover. Babushka Baba Yaga might look mean but she is actually really nice! The last thing I liked about this book is that I learned a Russia fairy tale. I liked getting to hear another countries fairy tales.

I recommend this book to anyone who likes Russian stories if you like Patricia Polacco books, then you should read this book. Especially if you like her book the babushkas doll. Both books are about Russia and are about magical creatures. You should read this book because it is heartwarming and it is one of Patricia Polacco's best books.