1 Surprises According to Humphrey

Surprises According to Humphrey

Written by Betty G. Birney

Reviewed by Lexi G. (age 8)

Surprises According to Humphrey

“Squeak! squeak!,” Humphrey is a clever and curious hamster that is owned by the class of room 26. On his ‘’journey’’ he discovers great surprises like, when Aldo the Hispanic and kind custodian goes missing and leaves Humphrey and his fellow friend Ogg the frog with this strange creature from outer space… (a sub custodian.) In addition, when Humphrey conquers a fierce and rude cat when he is in the search of his friend from room 26. Additionally, when Humphrey gets an exciting gift, I would tell you what it is or what the cat (Sweetums) does to Humphrey the poor hamster but you need to read this excellent book to find out! Additionally, Mrs Brisbane (the kind and lovable teacher of room 26) surprises Humphrey and his classmates with a wacky day because they did really good job on their difficult math test.

In my opinion,vHumphrey is a very funny and curious character. My favorite part of this spectacular book is when Humphrey thinks the substitute custodian is an alien from outer space. I loved this book because, it is about a hamster and I am a HUGE animal lover! What I learned from this book is that, even if there are NO pictures in a book and only WORDS in the book, you can absolutely always finish it.

In conclusion, I recommend this book to 8-10 year olds and of course… animal lovers!