1 Little House on the Prairie

Little House on the Prairie

Written by Laura Ingalls Wilder

Illustrated by Garth Williams

Reviewed by Gracey B. (age 8)

Little House on the Prairie

Have you ever wanted to go on a traveling adventure on a wagon? Imagine you are riding in a wagon. You see nothing but yellow grass and a bright blue sky. This is what Laura saw in the Little House on the prairie. The book is about a family going west in a wagon. They go on an adventure. Laura, Ma, Pa, Mary have to build a new house and go through extreme challenges like a wolf, Indians, and getting sick

It’s a great book because it is adventurous and exciting. It was very exciting when they travel across the prairie. The parts about Christmas and how Mr. Edwards saves it by swimming the freezing river were very exciting. It’s also a good book because it teaches you lessons. One lesson it teaches is about facing challenges. Everyone faces challenges and when you face challenges some you can fix some you can’t fix. You have to be strong to get through them just like the characters.

If you like adventure and history well you will like this book and all the great adventures and stories about history in it. I If you like learning about pioneers you will learn a lot about them. I recommend that you read all of Laura Ingalls wilder's books but especially this one!