1 For the Love of Autumn

For the Love of Autumn

Written by Patricia Polacco

Reviewed by James R. (age 9)

For the Love of Autumn

For the Love of Autumn is too good of a book! You won’t be able to put it down. In the beginning, a teacher named Danielle gets a kitten and names her Autumn. She takes very good care of Autumn by giving her warm milk when she’s hungry and makes a little bed for her, too. When Danielle comes home from teaching, she makes popcorn and together her and Autumn sit on the couch and watch T.V. Danielle isn’t married and is searching for a special person in the book, too. Both Autumn and her students help Danielle in this search.

Three reasons why I like this book are: That it keeps me in suspense. You will want to know what happens next. There are some happy parts and sad parts in this book. One example of this is when Danielle moves, she really likes her new school. It is a very exciting time in her life. Every time Danielle comes home she makes popcorn and watches T.V. with Autumn. I like this because it’s a cute idea.

I recommend this book to people ages 8 and up because some parts might cause you to tear up if you are younger. I’d also recommend this book to people who like exciting books because this book is interesting. You will want to know what happens on every page!