1 Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies From Outer Space

Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies From Outer Space

Written by Dav Pilkey

Illustrated by Dav Pilkey

Reviewed by Bruce F. (age 9)

Have you ever seen a flying man in his underwear that can jump over tall buildings? Well in the book Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies From Outer Space (and the Subsequent Assault of the Equally Evil Lunchroom Zombie Nerds), there are two boys named George and Harold that meet Captain Underpants, a flying man in his underwear! But first, let me tell you a little more about George and Harold.They had a mean old principal named Mr. Krupp. Mr. Krupp was always mean to George and Harold, but one day George and Harold bought a hyno-ring and hypnotised him. They turned mean old Mr.Krupp into Captain Underpants! One day, a strange fireball landed on top of Captain Underpants’ school. When Captain Underpants goes to look at it he sees a… Well you’ll have to read the book to find out what Captain Underpants sees.

I like this book because it’s funny and it has a thing called flip-o-rama. It’s when you put your hand on a page and use the other hand to flip. I like the part when George and Harold trick the lunch ladies into making a big cupcake but when they make it, it turns into a big, green, messy blob. George and Harold remind me of my brother and sister because George and Harold make comics and my brother and sister play piano. That was my opinion. What is yours?

I recommend this book to everyone because it’s not hard to read and the book is child-friendly. The characters in this book are George Beard and Harold Hutchins. The setting is at a elementary school. The author’s writing style is speech bubbles. You would like this book because it’s very funny, like the part when George and Harold change the lunch into something very funny that you’ll have to read the book to find out what it is!