1 Trouble According to Humphrey

Trouble According to Humphrey

Written by Betty G. Birney

Reviewed by Ciara L. (age 9)

Trouble According to Humphrey

Have you ever felt like you are in trouble? In Trouble According to Humphrey by Betty G. Birney, trouble is the big idea. In the beginning, a kid named Paul comes in the classroom for math. Soon, Art and Paul have a playdate and Humphrey rides a train! Next, Miranda gets in trouble with a capital “T”. She gets blamed for leaving Humphrey’s cage open. Suddenly, Humphrey comes up with a plan to save Miranda from getting in even more trouble. Read Trouble According to Humphrey to find out if Miranda finds a way out of trouble or never gets to take home Humphrey again.

In my opinion, Trouble According to Humphrey is a hilarious book that you cannot stop reading. One reason is it teaches you about compassion. Miranda got blamed for leaving Humphrey’s cage open. Humphrey tries to make Miranda happier since the incident by opening his cage while it was Kirk’s turn to be Animal Keeper. Another reason is it is a good story about friendship. Humphrey helped Gail and Heidi get through a fight they were having. Lastly, it is a helpful book. It teaches you about kindness. For example, Paul saved Humphrey from falling off the train and into the water, while Art was more focused on his train. In conclusion, Trouble According to Humphrey is a great book for people who like hamsters.

If you like books with hamsters then you will love Trouble According to Humphrey. Do you like animals that are nocturnal? I give this book five stars for hilarious moments and scary parts. One example is when Humphrey rode the train and did not want to stop. If you like books with animals that solve human problems then this is the book for you. I highly suggest you read Trouble According to Humphrey by Betty G. Birney. You don’t want to miss this train!